Episode #24: What If I Overdo It?
Finding Food Peace for the Holidays Series: Part 3
I think that one of the biggest fears over the holiday season is that we’ll overeat. All those holiday “how-to’s” basically tell us it’s the worst thing we can do. We fear weight gain after overdoing it at one meal. I’m here to tell you that, it’s not true! We all overdo it at some point in our lives. It’s not the end of the world and we don’t need to beat ourselves up over it.
In the past, I used to freak out over the holidays. I’d fear gaining weight. I’d worry that I couldn’t control myself around food. I’d stress out and turn to emotional eating. While I enjoyed the holidays and the traditional foods that came with it, I also feared what it would do to my body.
That’s what diet culture does to us. It steals our joy, especially during the holidays. But why does it seem to be harder during the holiday season? I’m starting a series of episodes that are all related to Finding Food Peace During the Holidays.
During this episode in this series, I address what to do when we over do it (aka overeat). It’s going to happen. It’s a natural part of life and so we’ll discuss
- Is overdoing it avoidable?
- What re the most common reactions to overdoing it that makes things harder on us.
- 4 specific action steps you can take to reduce overdoing it with food and be OK with it when you do (because WE ALL overdo it sometimes).
Want to survive the holiday parties? Worried about over-indulging?
The Healthy Holiday Survival Guide comes with everything you need to enjoy the holidays by incorporating a mindful approach to eating.
When you sign up for this guide, you get:
- My 14-page e-guide loaded with tips for keeping your sanity during the holidays.
- Tips to help you tune out the dieting noise so that you aren’t stuck in the all-or-nothing mindset that causes us to binge eat over the holidays.
- Strategies that teach you when & how to say no, thank you to food AND how to say yes, please & actually enjoy your indulgence, guilt-free
- How to deal with stress and emotions over the holiday season so you don’t turn to food to cope.
- And how to start taking steps to becoming an intuitive eater so you can ditch the dieting once and for all.
Down load your copy here: