How To Stay Sane When Life Gets Hectic
“I’m just too busy.”
“I have to work, clean, cook, pay the bills, etc.”
“My husband, kids, pets always come first.”
“Everything will fall apart of I don’t do it all.”
There’s a million excuses as to why we don’t take care of ourselves. And sometimes, there are very valid reasons or intense pressures which can make self-care or investing in yourself so hard.
It’s even more important to practice self-care when pressures are high. If you have a lot on your plate, you’re stressed to the max, and you are just zooming through each day on autopilot eventually you’re body is going to crash.
You may get sick, start having digestive issues, headaches, fatigue, and the list could go on. Our bodies are not meant to be stressed out all the time and it will start to affect your body.
Now, it may seem like everyone on the internet is preaching about self-care and you just don’t have time to take an hour long bath or sit and read a novel – and trust me I get it!
The truth is all you need is 5 minutes a day to really nourish yourself in a way that brings you peace and joy and that simple act can make ALL the difference.
So I’ve compiled a list of 20 things you can do in 5 minutes or less just to give you a few ideas, but feel free to get creative and just commit to taking 5 minutes a day. Think of it as a 5 minute special date with yourself each day that you just can NOT miss (I mean, why would you want to?)!
20 Ways to Invest in Yourself in 5 minutes or Less
- Get some sunshine
- Say “Thank you” to someone – It could be a short call, an email or thank you card to someone in your life that you appreciate
- Buy flowers for yourself, just because
- Start up a conversation with a stranger
- Write in a journal
- Read 10 pages of an inspiring book or novel.
- Listen to an inspiring podcast or audiobook (this can even be done while driving or cleaning!)
- Sing loudly by yourself in your car (this one’s my fav)
- Dance it out in your kitchen
- Paint your nails
- Light a candle
- Have some hot tea
- Call a friend or relative that you haven’t talked to in a while
- Make a dream/vision board
- Connect with nature
- Play with your dog or cat (or someone else’s)
- Do a face or hair mask
It’s time to prioritize joy and your self-care each and every day – Even when times are tough and there’s just not enough time. These simple activities will help keep you sane and feeling good in your body! If you need a little extra help or some accountability schedule a call with me and we can get you on the right track!
TELL ME – Do you think you can commit to just 5 minutes a day? What idea do you think you’re going to try? I’d love to hear in the comments below!!!